At Coral Fitness in Windsor, Ontario we believe there are many reasons why one should exercise. People tend to believe that Weight Loss is the only reason to exercise, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. While weight loss is a major benefit to exercise, there are many many benefits. Below is a list of just some of the many reasons why everyone should be exercising in a gym at least three days a week.
These Benefits include:
- Weight Loss
- Reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- Decreases the tendency of the blood to clot in the blood vessels, which helps in the prevention of strokes and heart attacks.
- Decreases total blood cholesterol
- Increases HDL (good) cholesterol.
Benefits to the Heart & Respiratory System
- Decreased resting heart rate.
- Decreases your blood pressure.
- Increases lung capacity.
- Enlarges the arteries that supply blood to the heart.
- Increased amount of blood your heart can pump in a single beat.
- Improves control of blood sugar.
- Improves sleeping patterns.
- Increases digestive system efficiency.
Benefits to the Muscular Skeletal System
- Increased bone, tendon and ligament strength.
- Increases the thickness of cartilage in joints.
- Increased muscle tissue.
- Increased range of motion in joints.
- Increased balanced and coordination.
Benefits to the Mind
- Reduced stress.
- Reduced feelings of depression.
Benifits to the Skin
- Increases the amount of blood that flows to the skin making it look healthier and feel better.